Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reaching out to publishers

At GDC we showed a demo of Octodad running with the hacked Kinect drivers. Over the past several months, the games press has indicated that Octodad is one of the most natural and promising games for a commercial release for Kinect. This has led us to reach out to any and all contacts at Microsoft, especially those involved with Kinect or XBLA. I combed through business cards and talked to people I know, and was surprised to find that I was only one degree of separation from at least six different people working on Kinect or XBLA. I put together a short description of the game and the attention that it has garnered and asked my friends and colleagues who know people at Microsoft to ask their friends who we should talk to. It turns out that it is easy to get people to respond enthusiastically in an initial email, but it is harder to actually get anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment