Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lawyer Meeting #1

During the second week of the quarter, I went out with a couple of friends of mine who are lawyers. They said that for the purposes of setting up the business I don't really need someone who knows a lot about games. That would be more important if we start working with a publisher. For now, according to my lawyer friends, I really just need someone who is good at drafting an operating agreement. My family had referred me to a lawyer who they trust who has experience with operating agreements, so I called and set up an appointment with him. We talked about what I'm trying to do and he told me to outline what everyone is putting in (time, money, rights, etc.) and how much each contribution is worth. He also said that I should outline anything else that we want in the operating agreement, including everyone's responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment